Informed Consent Chatbot
Informed Consent Chatbot CoAct For Mental Health
Giving your consent means that you voluntarily agree to take part in the CoAct for Mental Health project and that you understand your role in this project. We want to give you important information before you decide if you want to participate.
We invite you to take part in the CoAct for Mental Health research project.
CoAct for Mental Health is a citizen science research on mental health social support networks and wants to make proposals to improve them based on the data obtained in the chatbot CoAct for Mental Health.
CoAct for Mental Health forms part of the CoAct global initiative funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 873048. It lasts for three years, from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022. The promoters of this research are the OpenSystems group of the Universitat de Barcelona and the Federació Salut Mental Catalunya. It has a wider team of co-researchers having a lived experience in mental health. You can find more information about the project at: coactuem.ub.edu
We ask you to participate to the chatbot “CoAct for Mental Health”
The aim of the chatbot is to learn, directly or indirectly, about the social support networks in mental health. The experiences shared through the chatbot in the form of stories come from a group of people who have experienced mental health problems either directly themselves or indirectly through a family member. These people act as co-researchers in the project. Your answers to the stories enable a citizen science research that puts forward actions, measures or policy recommendations related to mental health social support networks.
ATTENTION! The chatbot is not a professional psychological support service, it is a participatory research tool. If you need help, you should contact a healthcare professional.
Your participation entails the following benefits:
· Participate in a first level European research project.
· Be involved in a pioneer citizen social science research project.
· Have the possibility to participate in the collective interpretation of the data and its transformation into actions.
Your participation could involve the following risks:
Reading real stories about situations related to mental health issues can arouse intense emotions. If this situation occurs and you notice that it is causing you increasing discomfort, we recommend that you stop reading the messages and resume reading when you feel better. You can also stop participating in the chatbot at any time.
Information about your personal data
Personal data includes personal information about you as well as your personal opinions
· Universitat de Barcelona is in charge of collecting, storing and anonymizing your personal data. If you want to have more information, you can contact the person in charge: General Secretary of the Universitat de Barcelona, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585, 08007 Barcelona / email: email@example.com.
· Your mobile phone number and your Telegram username will not be downloaded from the Telegram application at any time. We only identify you through a series of digits provided by the Telegram application itself, in order to send you messages. At the beginning of the digital conversation, you will be asked for minimal socio-demographic information such as your age (by age ranges), gender identity and residence country / city of residence.
· Your personal data will be used only if you give your consent.
· You can decide to stop receiving content at any time by typing PAUSE on the chatbot, without any negative consequences.
· You can definitely stop participating at any time by typing UNSUBSCRIBE. You will then be able to delete your personal data following the procedure indicated to you after contacting the Principal Investigator.
· The data we will collect will only be used for research purposes, in order to execute the CoAct for Mental Health project, funded by the European Union. Only the research team will have access to your personal data, and it will not be shared with anybody, neither inside nor outside the project.
· You will maintain an anonymous communication with the chatbot. No one has any means of knowing if you are connected to the chatbot or tracing your answers back to you. You will only communicate with the chatbot, you will not receive messages from anyone else.
· Anonymized data may be used to write scientific publications, as well as to be published in open access in order to encourage its reusability for scientific research.
· At the end of the digital conversation, the Telegram chatbot will be deactivated. After 10 years, all Telegram identification numbers will be deleted.
· To exercise the rights recognized by personal data protection regulations, you can contact
the Secretary General of the Universitat de Barcelona, attaching a copy of your ID (Secretary General of the Universitat de Barcelona, Gran Vía de les Corts Catalanes, 585, 08007 Barcelona / email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
· If you think that your rights have not been adequately addressed, you can notify the Data Protection Officer of the Universitat de Barcelona (Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585, 08007 Barcelona / email: email@example.com)
If you have further questions concerning your role in this project, you can contact the Principal Investigator, Josep Perelló (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your participation in this research is only possible if you freely give your consent. This way, you authorize us to use the data you provide.
I hereby declare:
· I am 18 years or older and am competent to provide consent.
· I was informed about the goal of the project CoAct for Mental Health and about the use of the data I will provide.
· I understand that it is not compulsory to participate. If I decide to participate, I understand that I can decide to stop receiving content at any time by typing PAUSE on the chatbot.
· I can definitely stop participating at any time by typing UNSUBSCRIBE. I will then be able to delete my personal data following the procedure indicated to me after contacting the Principal Investigator.
· My anonymized data may be used to write scientific publications, as well as to be published in open access in order to encourage its reusability for scientific research.
· I have received a copy of this agreement